Hair thinning / Androgenetic alopecia
Also known as patterned alopecia or baldness, refers to a loss of hair from the head is involved in a particular pattern. A condition of the scalp remains normal. Common types include male-pattern hair loss and female-pattern hair loss.
The causes of male-pattern hair loss is a combination of genetics and male hormones dihydrotestosterone (DHT), the cause of female pattern hair loss is unclear.
In patterned hair thinning hair thickness of individual hair starts reducing from thick terminal hair to thin vellus or baby hair.
There is of chronic hair loss with thinning mainly over the frontal, parietal or vertex area.Lifestyle factors like traction,smoking can act as an aggravating factors.
Hair restoration treatment offered at Claro Clinic-
Hair regrowth treatments are used especially for hair re-growth over a crown area. It improves blood flow and oxygenation to the hair roots.
- Medical line of the management-in form of systemic and topical medications.
- Low light laser therapy popularly called LLLT is a US FDA approved technology (I Grow Helmet) for hair restore/regrowth.
- Mesotheraphy– Mesotherapy is a non surgical treatment where multiple superficial injections with a very fine needle of pharmaceutical agent,vitamins and other ingredients into mesoderm.It is indicated in controlling hair fall and promoting new hair growth in cases of patterned hair loss and telogen effluvium.
- Dermaroller– This technique involves fibroblast activation through dermal injury and through the process of neovascularisation that is new blood vessels formation, hence improving the circulation and also stimulating new hair growth.
- PRP- Platelet-rich plasma(PRP) is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from whole blood, centrifuged to removed red blood cells. It has a greater concentration of growth factors than whole blood and contains several different growth factors that can stimulate hair regrowth. Main indications in dermatology for PRP are androgenic alopecia(patterned hair loss) and skin rejuvenation. PRP injection is a simple, cost effective and feasible treatment option for Androgenetic alopecia(male patterned hair loss) and Female pattern hair loss.
- Hair transplant FUE technique-Follicular unit extraction(FUE), also known as follicular transfer (FT), is one of two primary methods of obtaining follicular units which is a naturally occurring groups of one to four hairs, for hair transplantation. The other method is called strip harvesting or FUT. In FUE harvesting, individual follicular units are extracted directly from the hair restoration patient’s donor area, ideally one at a time. This differs from strip-harvesting because, in strip harvesting, a strip of skin is removed from the patient and then dissected into many individual follicular units. The follicular units obtained by either method are the basic building blocks of follicular unit transplantation (FUT). Follicular unit extraction generally has a quicker patient recovery time and significantly lower post-operative discomfort than follicular unit transplantation (FUT).