Acne, also known as acne vulgaris, is a skin disease that occurs when sebaceous glands are clogged with dead skin cells lining the pores combined with excess secreted sebum/oil from the skin leading to greasy skin & comedones (black & whiteheads). These blocked pores full of excess sebum provide a great thriving environment for acne bacterium, P.acnes leading to inflammation of the skin, pimples, pustules and possible scarring we associate with acne. Acne is particularly common among adolescents due to hormonal changes, though some people have acne that lasts into adulthood. Acne may be classified as mild, moderate or severe nodulocystic & treatment depends on the severity of a condition. In severe grades of acne, it is worthwhile ruling out the association of underlying PCOD. In order to prevent disfiguring scars treatment of early acne is recommended.
Treatment offered at Claro clinic for acne:
- Medical line of management consisting of topical and oral prescription medications.
- Customised peels that work on different stages of acne from comedones, inflamed acne, acne marks, pigmentation, and scars.
- Laser treatments work wonderfully on active acne, inflammation as well as its scars.
- LED light therapy to kill P.acnes bacteria, decrease the size & activity of sebum gland and helps to reduce the inflammation much faster.
- Exfoliation by means of microdermabrasion, hydra-exfoliation to help to remove dead skin and in turn reduce clogging of the oil gland.
- Procedures like comedo extraction & corticosteroid injection for instant relief.
- Acne scar revision by means of –
Surgical Techniques – subcision, punch elevation, scar excision
Non Surgical Techniques – chemical peels, microdermabrasion, non-ablative lasers, dermaroller, fractional lasers, fillers, microneedling & radiofrequency (RF)