Melasma / Hyper-Pigmentation
Hyperpigmentation is any flat, darkened patches which are light brown to black in colour, and can vary in size and shape. It occurs mainly due to over-production of melanin.
Melasma is one of the commomest hyperpigmentory condition is often referred to as “the mask of pregnancy” as most of the females start getting it post delivery. It occurs as a result of hormonal influences such as pregnancy and birth control pills.
There are other different types of pigmentation like freckles, lentigens, sun tan which are caused by sun exposure and tend to be small, darkened patches of skin.
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation occurs when a skin injury or trauma heals and leaves a flat area of discolouration behind.
The treatments available at Claro:
Customised according to the type of pigmentation for skin lightening & to give you a brighter and even tone.
- Topical depigmenting agents (prescription based as per the cause of hyperpigmetation & skin-type)
- Systemic depigmentaion – oral skin lightening agents for a better complexion.
- Facial peels –ranging from superficial (mild) peels for lighter pigmentation to deeper (strong) peels like Cosmelan for a stubborn pigmentation.
- Q switch laser (Helios III) this is a new world technology for depigmentation. It not only works on skin lightening but also helps in giving a brighter and rejuvenated look.
- Glutathione – Its a strong anti-oxidant which can be administered topically, orally or intravenously depending on the patient need. Works very well in making the skin shade lighter.
- Mesotherapy- using both micro-invasive and needle-free Ecleris Electroporation device for a better drug delivery to mesoderm and enhanced results.
- Microderambrasion-using high precision diamond and crystal probes to remove superficial pigmentation.
- Dermaroller- with lightening agents got a better penentration of the treatment .
- Skin-lightening facials-customised according to the type of the pigmentation