Excessive Hair Loss
Hair loss is a common occurrence in our otherwise stressful life. It’s true that men are more likely to lose their hair than women, mostly due to male pattern baldness. But thinning hair and hair loss are also common in women, and no less demoralizing. There are various types of hair fall and we at CLARO CLINIC offer our patients’ thorough counselling to try to rule out the cause for the same.
Common causes of hair fall-Though hair fall is a natural process. Excessive hair fall have different underlying reasons like:
- Hormonal changes
- Diseases such as thyroid
- Physical or psychological stress
- Nutritional deficiencies like lack of protein
- Hormonal changes: Pregnancy/Childbirth/Menopause/OC Pills
- Hair treatments like colouring, bleaching, straightening, etc
Treatment option to stop unwanted hair fall offered at Claro-
Timely intervention can minimize hair fall to the least. Various modern therapies are available as solution with excellent results which includes:
- Medical line of management in the form of topical and systemic treatment.
- Active management-
- Low light laser therapy popularly called LLLT is a US FDA approved technology (I Grow Helmet) for hair restore/regrowth.
- Mesotheraphy– mesotherapy is a nonsurgical treatment where multiple superficial injections with a very fine needle of a pharmaceutical agent, vitamins, and other ingredients into mesoderm.It is indicated for controlling hair fall and promoting new hair growth in cases of patterned hair loss and telogen effluvium.
- Dermaroller– This technique involves fibroblast activation through dermal injury and through the process of neovascularization that is new blood vessels formation, hence improving the circulation and also stimulating new hair growth.
- PRP- Platelet-rich plasma(PRP) is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from whole blood, centrifuged to removed red blood cells. It has a greater concentration of growth factors than whole blood and contains several different growth factors that can stimulate hair regrowth. Main indications in dermatology for PRP are androgenic alopecia(patterned hair loss) and skin rejuvenation. PRP injection is a simple, cost-effective and feasible treatment option for Androgenetic alopecia(male patterned hair loss) and Female pattern hair loss.
Book an Appointment